FINCA EL JORDAN - filter roast
Roasted Tuesday 19th March 2019
El Jordan is owned by Esteven & Hiver Vargas. The father & son also own Don Sabino micro-mill where this lot was processed.
Their entire production is processed naturally because this is the flavour profile they like best.
The coffee cherries are harvested then carefully sorted for any under or over-ripe cherries. The whole cherry is sun-dried on raised beds until the correct moisture level is reached. The dried cherry flesh is then removed mechanically.
- Origin: Costa Rica
- Region: Sabanilla de Alajuela
- Farmer: Esteven y Hiver Vargas
- Altitude: 1300-1600 meters
- Cultivar: Caturra, Catuai
- Processing: Natural
- Flavour: Turkish delight, pineapple