KONGA -filter roast
Roasted Friday 17th January 2020
This coffee was grown by small-holder farmers, each with 1~2 hectares of land. The coffee is grown in rich, fertile soils at very high altitudes alongside farmers own food crops.
The coffee was processed by the Konga Cooperative, ripe cherries are taken to the washing station after harvesting where they are de-pulped, graded, sorted, fermented under water for 36-48 hours, washed, sorted & placed on raised "African" drying beds where they are dried for 7-14 days.
- Origin: Ethiopia
- Region: Yirga Cheffe
- Farmer: Small holder farmers
- Altitude: 1800-2000 meters
- Crop: 2018/19
- Cultivar: Ethiopian Heirloom
- Processing: Washed sun-dried
- Flavour: Mandarin, peach, lavender