ROCKET - Espresso Blend


This blend is 66% Colombia from our good friend Argemiro Nuñez - we haven't actually been lucky enough to greet him in person, but we have sent him over his own coffee roasted by us to drink. He takes his coffee with a great dollop of butter. The other 34% is a naturally processed Ethiopian from the Boji Washing Station.

{66% % Argemiro Nuñez - Colombia}  Caturra, v. Colombia

Finca La Falda is a 13 hectare farm in Timaná, Colombia. Argemiro Vargas Nuñez, now in his 70's was born & raised in the area where the farm is located. Argemiro is passionate about coffee. He studied agricultural business administration, then worked for the Colombian Coffee-growers Federation {FNC} for almost 30 years, during this time he purchased La Falda.

Argemiro grows two coffee cultivars on the farm, Caturra & V. Colombia. During the harvest Argemiro selectively hand-picks the coffee, each tree being picked from numerous times as the cherries ripen. The cherries are pulped & fermented, then dried in parabolic driers {much like a green house, covered but open at each end to allow the air to flow through} for up to three weeks.

Caturra is a mutation of Bourbon, discovered in Brasil in 1937. It is a compact plant & very productive but susceptible to disease. V. Colombia was bred from Catimor in 1985 it is highly resistant to disease & has good productivity.

  • Origin: Colombia
  • Region: Huila
  • Farm: La Falda
  • Farmer: Argemiro Vargas Nuñez
  • Altitude: 1490-1850 masl
  • Crop: 2021
  • Cultivar{s}: V. Colombia, Caturra
  • Processing: Washed & sun-dried

    {34 % ADADO natural - Ethiopia}  Ethiopian Heirloom

    This coffee is processed at the Adado Washing Station. Small-holder farmers grow the coffee in the surrounding area near Yirga Cheffe in the Gedeo region of Ethiopia.

    Coffee is planted amongst the farmers' own food crops at high altitudes in rich, fertile soil. After harvest, coffee is delivered to a collection point near home, then taken to the washing station where  they are sorted, washed, sun-dried on raised beds.

    This lot is Ethiopia Landrace. Ethiopia has many thousands of indigenous coffee varieties, we've seen figures of between 6-10000. Some of these have names, there are indeed cultivars {Bourbon, 74110} & hybrid coffees {Ababuna} available. Ethiopian Landrace are coffees that have come from the coffee forests, these are domesticated, locally adapted traditional varieties.

    Vive L'Afrique

    • Origin: Ethiopia
    • Region: Adado, Yirga Cheffe
    • Farmer: Small-holder farmers
    • Altitude: 2000-2350 Meters
    • CultivarEthiopian Landrace
    • Crop: 2020-21
    • Processing: Natural

      For a brew recipe to start with try this....


      • Dose: 18g
      • Brew weight: 40g
      • Brew time: 25-35 seconds


      • Dose: 18.5g
      • Brew weight: 22-27g
      • Brew time: 25-35 seconds

        This is what we serve at the bar in the roastery, it is always being critiqued & always under development.

        To develop our blend we start with fresh coffee samples, we roast them in our 20's Probat sample roaster then line them up on the cupping table, we look for coffee that has a good deal of natural sweetness, we may find tropical fruit note in a Colombian, citrus in a Burundi or dark fruity chocolate & creamy body in a Brasil. 

        When the coffee lands we work out a suitable roasting profile, then roast fresh every day, Monday to Friday. 

        We find our espresso best from the 5th day to 2 weeks after roasting so buy little & buy often.

        ⚡️For any help on coffee brewing of all methods i.e. espresso, plunger etc fire an email through to⚡️